Monday, January 3, 2011

Pasta with Peas and Arugula

Arugula is one my favorite greens lately- I think because it just has a bit more of a spicy bite to it than other greens and it tastes delicious raw or wilted, and there seems to be an awful lot of it around this winter.

For this dish I used rough amounts:

3 bunches of arugula

½ cup of frozen peas (I know I sometimes have to cheat and I like the organic peas that Trader Joes carries)

1 package of rigatoni pasta

4 cloves of garlic

1tbsp. lemon zest

olive oil

salt and pepper to taste

Parmesan Cheese

Prepare pasta and set aside. Meanwhile in a saucepan heat oil and sauté garlic and lemon zest after the garlic starts to smell add frozen peas. Turn the burner to low and mix in arugula until it wilts slightly. Mix together with pasta and serve with parmesan cheese and a dash of fresh olive oil. Looks plain but has a lot of flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment